Assistant professor, University of Rouen
- Ph.D in Geography: "International circulations in Europe during the XXIst century. From the study of euro coins spatial distribution to the modelling of a complex system".
Read (in French)
- Master Academic in Spatial Development Analysis, University of Luxembourg, 2007- 2009 Master Home Page
- Bachelor degree in Geography, option Spatial Planning and Local Development, University Paris 7, 2006 - 2007
- Two years diploma (Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie) in Social Careers, option Urban Planning, University Lille 3, 2004 - 2006
- Statistics and data analysis
- Spatial analysis
- Regional geography
- R programming
- Postdoctoral researcher at the University of Luxembourg. Project: "SOS-BUGS: Spatial Optima and the Social Benefits of Urban Green Space". Since September 2015.
- Postdoctoral fellow at the Robert Schuman Center for Advanced Studies - European University Institute in Florence. Project: "Modelling the Spatiotemporal Circulation of International Coins: An Attempt to Map Territorial Integration in Europe through Ages". September 2015 - August 2015.
- Research assistant within the «ESPON big data» project coordinated by Marta Severo from July to August 2014
- Research assistant within the program «Politiques de la Terre à l’épreuve de l’Anthropocène» (Earth policies during the Anthropocene Era) from April to June 2014
To know more
- Jean Monnet postdoctoral fellowship, European University Institute - Academic year 2014-2015 See
- AFR (Aides à la Formation Recherche) PHD Grant, Luxembourgish National Research Funds, from February 2010 to February 2013, extended to February 2014
- Member of the Revue d’Economie Regionale et Urbaine (Journal of Regional and Urban Economics) Secretariat since July 2015.
- Member of the Administrative Committee of the Master in Spatial Development and Analysis at the University of Luxembourg from march 2012 to march 2016
Master home page
- PhD representative at the Ecole doctorale de Géographie de Paris - Geographical PhD School of Paris - 2010-2012
- Participation in the organisation of the workshop "Master Geographical Modelling", financed by the European program Erasmus+ details
- Co-organiser of the special session "Geographical systems analysis with spatial simulation models" at the 19th European Colloquium of Theoretical and Quantitative Geography (ECTQG), Bari (Italy), 3-7th sept. 2015
- Member of the Colloquium "Day of the Young Researchers of the Paris Institute of Geography" Organisation Committee, Paris, 11 april 2012 Program (in French) and Paris, 8 april 2011 Program (in French)
- Member of the working group ElementR since 2012
- Member of the ANR Corpus Géomédia, supervised by C. Grasland Blog
- Participation at the 2014 Summer School of the LabEx DynamiTe « Spatial Structures and Dynamics - Methods and Tools for exploring Spatial Systems » (14 - 19 July 2014, Florence, Italy) Program
- Participation at the 24th European Regional Science Association (ERSA) Summer School, Luxembourg 4-13 July 2011
Methods: uni, bi and multivariate data analysis - geographical analysis and modeling – spatial statistics – individual-based modeling - GIS and cartography – SOM
Themes: Regional integration - Europe – spatial interaction - diffusion processes - mobilities – interactions between environment and society
Book chapter with peer review
- Marion Le Texier and Geoffrey Caruso (to be published), "Aggregate and disaggregate dynamic spatial interaction approaches to modelling coins diffusion", in Spatial Analysis and Location Modeling in Urban and Regional Systems, J.C. Thill (Editor), Advances in Geographic Information Science Series. Springer. See
Publications in journals
- Marion Le Texier and Geoffrey Caruso (to be published), "Assessing geographical effects in spatial diffusion processes: the case of Euro coins", Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, Volume 61, Part A, Pages 81–93.
- France Guérin-Pace and Marion Le Texier (2016), "The Circulation of euro coins as Markers of European Mobility in France", European Journal of Social Sciences, 54(1), p. 129-152.
- Marion Le Texier, Maud Deves, Claude Grasland, Jean-Bernard de Chaballier (2016), “Earthquakes international media coverage in the digital age”, L’Espace Géographique, 45(1), p. 5-24.
- Claude Grasland and Marion Le Texier (2015) "Une famille de mesures d’intégration internationale des territoires. Applications aux cas du commerce international (1995-2007) et de la diffusion des pièces euros étrangères en France (2002-2011) ", Revue d’Economie Régionale et Urbaine, 4, p. 575-603
Publications in journals without peer review
- Claude Grasland, France Guérin-Pace, Marion Le Texier, Bénédicte Garnier, 2012, "Diffusion of foreign euro coins in France, 2002-2012", Population and societies, n°488, 4 pages Paper
- ElementR Le blog (current blog of the Groupe ElementR). Access
- Groupe ElementR (2014), Groupe ElementR (2014) R et espace. Traitement de l’information géographique, H. Commenges (ed.), Framabook. Download
Publications in conference proceedings
- Marion Le Texier and France Guérin-Pace, 2014, "Humans and Euros : modelling a complex relationship", 2nd international colloquium of the CIST, Paris, France, 27-28 March 2014 Paper (in French) ; Video
- Marion Le Texier, 2011, “Euros in pockets, mobilities under pratices. Methodological Issues.”, presentation in 1st Doctoriales of the UNESCO Chair « Tourism, culture, development », Tourism: Concepts and Methods at the Disciplinary Crossroads , Paris, France, 14-16 septembre 2011 Paper (in French)
- Marion Le Texier, 2011, “The euro coins as a tool to trace transnational mobilities”, presented at the Dixièmes Rencontres de ThéoQuant, Besançon, France, 23rd-25th February 2011 Paper
Marion Le Texier, Kerry Schiel, Geoffrey Caruso, 2016, "On the ability to validate a green mismatch hypothesis: data effects in the Brussels metropolitan region", 56th European Regional Science Association (ERSA) conference, Vienna (Austria), 23-26th august 2016.
Marion Le Texier, Maud Devès, Claude Grasland, Jean-Bernard de Chaballier, Hugues Pécout, Daniel Gollnik, 2015, "Renewing media and geophysical comparisons of earthquakes intensity in the digital age: an interdisciplinary perspective", 19th European Colloquium in Theoretical and Quantitative Geography (ECTQG), Bari (Italy), 3-7th sept. 2015.
Clémentine Cottineau, Florent Le Néchet, Marion Le Texier, Juste Raimbault, Romain Reuillon, 2015, "Simulating non-trivial spatial effects in geographical models. Is Schelling sensitive to the urban form?", 19th European Colloquium in Theoretical and Quantitative Geography (ECTQG), Bari (Italy), 3-7th sept. 2015. Slide show
Claude Grasland and Marion Le Texier, 2013, "International integration of places : Concepts and measures. Applications to the international trade (1995-2007) and the euro coins dissemination in France (2002-2011)", presented at the 50th Conference of the ASRDLF, Mons (Belgium), 8-11st july 2013.
Marion Le Texier et Bénédicte Garnier, 2012, "Observer la diffusion des euros étrangers en France", presentation at the 7ème colloque francophone sur les sondages, Rennes, France, 5-7 November 2012 Slide show (in French)
Marion Le Texier, 2012, "Revealing mobility through euro coins diffusion: exploring spatial-interaction based modeling strategies", presented at the 9th Regional Science Association International (RSAI) World Congress, Timisoara, Romania, 9-12 May 2012
Marion Le Texier, 2011, “Towards an Agent-Based Model of Euro Coins’ Diffusion”, presentation in 17th European Colloquium on Theoretical and Quantitative Geography (ECTQG), Athens, Greece, 2-5 septembre 2011 Paper
Marion Le Texier and Geoffrey Caruso, 2009, “Exploring European Union Territorial cohesion through Self-Organising Maps”, Marion Le Texier, Geoffrey Caruso, University of Luxembourg, Maher Ben Rebah,UMS-RIATE, University Paris 7, presented at: the 16th European Colloquium on Theoretical and Quantitative Geography (ECTQG) 2009, Maynooth, Ireland, 4th-8th September 2009.
Marion Le Texier, 2014, "Retracer les mobilités internationales à partir de l’étude des répartitions monétaires : le cas des pièces euro (2002-2011)", 2nd session of the seminar Autour des populations du passé : les migrations humaines (Human migrations of past populations), Paris (INED) and Sophia-Antipolis (Delegation of the CNRS), France, 1st April 2014 Program
Marion Le Texier and France Guérin-Pace, 2014, "Humans and Euros : modelling a complex relationship", 2nd international colloquium of the CIST, Paris, France, 27-28 March 2014
Marion Le Texier, 2013, “Effets de la géographie dans la diffusion des pièces euros étrangères en France. -Une approche par la simulation individu-centrée.”, presented at the Onzièmes Rencontres de ThéoQuant, Besançon, France, 20th-23rd February 2013
Marion Le Texier, 2011, “Euros in pockets, mobilities under pratices. Methodological Issues.”, presentation in 1st Doctoriales of the UNESCO Chair « Tourism, culture, development », Tourism: Concepts and Methods at the Disciplinary Crossroads , Paris, France, 14-16 septembre 2011
Marion Le Texier, 2011, “The euro coins as a tool to trace transnational mobilities”, presented at the Dixièmes Rencontres de ThéoQuant, Besançon, France, 23rd-25th February 2011
The Open Archives of this author
This member may not have publications in our Open Archives Collection